BC Anthropomorphic Events Association
Notes from the General Meeting
Oct 13 2016
Meeting was held online
Calling in via skype:
- Update on today’s statement/email
- Tony - looks like the statement helped quiet things, (1500 impressions, 360 engagements)
- Looks to be positive
- TIme to resolve and move forward
- Staff feelings
- Tony - Need to reassure staff, and then understand what we are doing.
- Temrin - talking to them in chats to let them know things are being worked on.
- Faye - General staff feelings.
- Temrin - Staff concerned about their name being slandered. Generally ‘ok’. Staff still posting on social media, mostly ok.
- Carthage - everyone supportive after the statement was issued.
- Aphinity - this turned into an emotional instead of fact, once their request was turned down.
- Elias - the staff are ok, but a lot big shoes to fill, and not enough to ppl to do that.
- Lost the following staff: Mesa, Silvermink, Tyins, Akonite, SilverHoof, and sort of Lavose. Very likely also Greyson.
- Harassment/Sexual Assault Policy
- Tony - Need an AT EVENT POLICY, need to figure out what it is, and how we approach it.
- Temrin - Staff harassment at sanctioned events.
MOTION Aphinity - Any emails/coms, we receive regarding an incident that happened out side of an BCAEA event, will receive a reply stating relevant BCAEA policy and helplines for the related incident relevant to the case. Faye seconds
Unanimous vote for.
- Non-convention Harassment
- Tony - If we do something, are we legally liable, ie: we ban someone based 3rd party info, what happens.
- Carthage - It’s a private event, we can refuse a membership at our discretion
- Phin - do we choose to use allegations to look at banning someone?
- Temrin - Receiving evidence, legal obligation to report crimes?
- Tony - Private events, no requirements
- Faye - Will talk to the lawyers
- Temrin - Should require a police
- Trapa - Give a suggestion we might do something if we deem it worthy
- Carthage -
- Mediar - do not take complaints about someone, unless there is an extraordinary event (active police case, charges laid, or conviction.)
- Temrin - Agrees with mediar. People will come to us with all mater of things.
- Tony - also agrees, but we have to make it look like we’ve considered all points and relay that to the public.
- Trapa - create an essay length of why and what we looked at.
- Phin - Will be picked apart and used against us.
- Temrin - essay could work, re:Furry Network over cub porn. Good thing to base it of off.
- Phin - How to we proceed with latest situation? (Police report)
- Trapa - what about released criminals after they serve their term?
- Phin - Scam artist in dealers den, now he wants to do the same thing at VF. Drug dealer, and being allowed in VF.
- Tony - will continue to explore and create policy.
MOTION mediar - To add the following to the section of the harassment policy that refers to events that happen outside bcaea events,
the BCAEA Board will only discuss about taking action on a complaint about someone/a party, only if there is at least a Police Case with file# available or offered.
In favour 1
MOTION trapa - To add the following to the section of the harassment policy that refers to events that happen outside bcaea events,
the BCAEA Board will not look at a compliant at all. The only action taken would be pointing the person to a support service.
In favour 2
MOTION Phin - To add the following to the section of the harassment policy that refers to events that happen outside bcaea events.
Any complaint received about attendees including a documented Criminal charge involving Violent Crime will trigger an immediate review of membership eligibility.
In favour Unanimous
Move - Faye - Table the conversation regarding when the BCAEA Board will take action on a complaint, for no longer than 2 weeks.
In Favour 5
Mediar: Add the constitution of BCAEA as text to the board webpage.
Tony/Phin to fine BCAEA paperwork.
Business pushed to next meeting:
- SJW comment
- Have talked to Ph8l and they will post any BoD meeting minutes, bylaw and policy updates.
- 8th BoD spot